You'll need a memory card.
Get more memory cards in our store
thanks to Jim Nichols (aka Bibojim
) for this How-To!
1. Download the theme(s) you wish to add from skLXThemes.
2. Extract the theme from the downloaded .zip file by double clicking on it
3. The theme will now be extracted in a folder
4. Connect your Sidekick to your Mac & create a new folder on your Sidekick and name it "Themes"
5. Copy the extracted theme folder(s) into the "Themes" folder on your Sidekick
6. Now this is the part that will enable the themes to work once they have been copied from a Mac.
You need to download an application like this one called "Cocktail" to delete the hidden files that cause themes to not work properly from Macs.
You can find it here: http://www.maintain.se/cocktail/ (there are other applications out there that do the same thing, I just found this one to be straight forward)
You will use the "Droplet" application called "Delete DS Store.app" which is located in the "Extras" folder of Cocktail.
Drag the "Themes" folder from your Sidekick onto the "Delete DS Store.app" icon and release the mouse button when the icon is highlighted.
7. A dialog box will pop up and ask for your login and password for your Mac (you will need to know this info, kids ask your parents permission 1st) in order to delete these hidden files.
8. You will now be asked if you are sure you want to delete the hidden files, click "Delete" to do so.
9. Once the deletion has finished you can now eject (unmount) your Sidekick from your Mac (wait at least 5 seconds before unplugging the Sidekick)
Now all of your themes should show up on your Sidekick!